PDF (Portable Document Format) is one of the most preferred and popular document formats which is used to showcase documents such as text documents and images. It does not require some particular hardware or operating system as it compatible with most of the devices.
However, some users are getting issues in the printing of the PDF file. Those who are using Adobe PDF software in Windows 10 are getting this error mostly. The most common reason behind this error is that your software is having incorrect configuration and some other incorrect settings.
How To Fix PDF Printing Issues
We have got the similar query from so many users that they are not able to print PDF files opened in Adobe PDF software but other document formats are not having any having such issues and they can print them. Also, some of the users are also facing issues in some other modules from where the PDF is unable to print such as Edge, Email, File Viewer etc. Well, you don’t need to worry because we are here to provide solution for this issue by targeting all the possible scenarios.
Check Your Printer
Before going on to the solutions, first need to check your printer and you should be ensured that the printer is working the way it should be. Connect your printer properly and print a test page from Word or any other software. Once you are ensure, then you can move on to the steps to solve this PDF issue.
Steps To Resolve PDF Printing Issues
In this article, we have mentioned four different solutions for different situations. You are recommended to perform the solutions sequence wise. Steps to troubleshoot PDF Printing issues are as given below:
Solution 1: Changing PDF Preference And Printing As Image
Some of the users were able to solve this issue by modifying some application settings in Windows 10 for PDF files. There can be some issues with printing and default application for PDF files. After modifying it, we will try to print the PDF file as an image by using the advanced options.
- Press Windows + S and enter Settings in the search field and press Enter key.
- In the settings, Go to the Apps and then Default Apps
- From the Default apps, click on Choose default apps by file type
- Now, make sure that Adobe is selected for .pdf file type. Save changes and exit.
- Restart your computer
- Now, open the PDF file in Adobe and print it.
- Click on Advanced and then mark the Print as image
- Now make sure that you have selected the correct printer and then click OK to print.
Solution 2: Changing Document Settings
If the first solution didn’t worked then you can change the PDF/A mode to never and disable the protected mode. This PDF printing issue can also appear due to this and disabling the protected mode might solve the issue for you.
- Open the document that you want to print in Adobe Acrobat
- Click on View and the then select Preferences from the drop down list.
- Click on Security (Enhanced) and then unmark the Enable Protected Mode at Startup. If you see any warning message then click on
- Restart your computer and try to print again with Adobe
Solution 3: Using A Browser To Print
If the issue still persists then you can try to print the document with your internet browser. All the major browsers come with inbuilt modules for viewing and printing the PDF format files. Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to the location of the PDF file that you want to print
- Right click on the file and click on Open with
- Now, select you browser from the list.(Chrome, Firefox, IE etc.)
- Go to the settings and then select Print from the drop-down list
- Choose the appropriate printing options and print the document.
Solution 4: Reinstalling Adobe Acrobat
If all the above mentioned steps didn’t worked for you and you are still not able to print the PDF documents then to resolve this issue, you need reinstall the Adobe Acrobat software on your system. There are possibilities that the software wasn’t installed properly on your computer which is creating hindrance while printing through the software. Performing a clean install might solve the issue for you. But uninstalling the current software might lose the license details that you have saved so you need to ensure that you note down the license key so that you can enter again.
- Download & install the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner tool. This tool will completely remove the software from your system. It will also remove the temporary settings and files.
- Next, go to the official website of Acrobat. Then download and install the software in the system.
- Restart your system and then again try to print the same PDF file.
Need Technical Help? reach HP printer technical support number online 24×7.